Saturday 11 June 2011

School’s Out!


 Because Lesotho is in the southern Hemisphere (below the equator) they have winter from June to September, and summer from December to March – the opposite of the UK.
 
So Hoohlo Primary has broken up for the winter holidays. Like every school in Lesotho, they finished this week and will start back at school on 1st August. The children were very busy on the last couple of days cleaning and tidying the school. Even the gardening equipment was put away clean and shiny.

This week was also my last week teaching in Lesotho. The children and staff at the school have made me feel very welcome since I arrived in January, and gave me a wonderful farewell party. There were dances, songs and drama, as well as short speeches from different people in the school community.

As I’m not in school anymore, this will be my last blog post. I will still put up photos in the albums of the children, school and places in Lesotho. If teachers need any specific photos, I’m in Lesotho for another week, so please just post a comment asking for them and I can take them.

Thanks for reading and sala hantle – hwyl - bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment